2020 may have been disastrous for many people but, at least, a lot has happened, which is more than we can say about the previous decade.
From a pandemic to a mad president, I’ve never read the news as much as during this year. Ok, we’re all getting tired of Jimmy Fallon’s Trump bashing spree, the rednecks of America, the anti-maskers and the confinement but 2020 had us entertained, on a global level.
Also, we could both finally live one of our oldest dreams: spend an entire year dressed in pyjamas and I have the feeling that we’re about to make it.
What we will remember:
- The first confinement was impressive, the second was a mess, I hope that we won’t see a third;
- We’ve finally seen the end of Orange Is The New Black and it was awesome;
- We’ve watched El Camino and it is the end that Breaking Bad truly deserved;
- The new Doom was crap;
- Animal Crossing was fun until the terraforming and custom paths;
- We’ve seen all three seasons of Westworld and it blew our minds. Go androids!;
- 1917 was a stunning camera job;
- Mark Ruffalo had us replace all of our Teflon cooking pans;
- The second season of the Mandalorian was as excellent as the first;
- Building Lego is still a blast!;
- The Cyber Punk hype train seems to have derailed and I’m happy that we were not in it;
- America has lost a lot of the popularity that it had managed to build during a century of movies, will they ever get it back? It will certainly take more than Dwayne Johnson and The Avengers;
- Home working is great but, even for the hermits that we are, it’s becoming a bit long.
Tomorrow, we’ll be celebrating the end of one of the strangest year we’ve ever known and we’re not sure whether we should be happy or afraid…